Measuring and Installation
How To Install Your Fireplace Doors
Installing your new fireplace doors is easy with just a few tools you probably have around the house. All hardware is included. The first step is measuring your fireplace so that you get the right doors. Here’s how to properly measure your fireplace:
Measuring the Inside Opening
Installation – Inside Fit
Put the brackets on the side panels.
Use the self tapping screws to secure your frame into the firebox opening.
After you have made frame even, secure the frame, put the glass into the frame to complete your fireplace door installation.
- Electric Drill
- 1/8 Drill Bit
- #2 – Phillips Screwdriver
- Put the brackets on the side panels.
- Use the self tapping screws to secure your frame into the firebox opening.
- Make sure your frame is even.
- After you have secured the frame, put the glass into the frame to complete your fireplace door installation.
- Position the frame in the fireplace and center the frame between the left and right side of the fireplace opening.
- It is Important that the frame is installed with the correct side up to insure smooth operation of the doors. The bottom frame rail is marked by a red dot.
- Slide the brackets on the backside of the frame and position them against your fireplace box. Hand tighten the bracket. Mark the fireplace at each hole in the 4 angle brackets.
- Remove the frame, drill the 4 holes your marked with the 5/32 drill bit.
- Re-position the frame back into the fireplace and secure the frame using the sheet metal screws using a #2 Phillips screwdriver for each angle bracket making sure you don’t over tighten! The enclosure may be centered by loosening one side and tightening the other.
I Don’t Know My Manufacturer or Model
When your fireplace manufacturer and model number can’t be located, snap some photo’s (as shown) send them and your measurements to [email protected]
Where to Measure
Measure the width and height of the steel opening where the enclosure will fit. This will be the same position that the fireplace manufacturer’s enclosure would be installed. Do not measure the finish material in front of the fireplace; brick, stone, marble, slate, tile, etc.
Attaching the Doors
With the handle at the top (handles must be at the top) fold door together, and locate the bottom door pivot pin.
With panel door at 45 degree angle, place door pivot pin into the frame bottom receiving hole clip.
Photo (left) shows the corner of frame and thickness.
The EZ Door Plus uses a Trackless Bi-Fold Door to properly retrofit your fireplace.
This frame is installed by sliding the frame back into the opening approximately 1 inch. The frame is secured by 4 screws. Next the doors are snapped into the newly installed frame. This ensures a proper fit every time
Position the frame in the fireplace and center the frame between the left and right side of the fireplace opening.
It is Important that the frame is installed with the correct side up to insure smooth operation of the doors.
Will I need a professional to install my new doors?
Not at all. If you can hang a picture frame, you can install fireplace doors yourself. The process is easy and can be done with a few common tools.
What tools will I need for installation?
You’ll need an electric drill, drill bits, and a Phillips head screwdriver. If you need help, just give us a call and speak to a member of our customer service team.
What if I run into problems installing my fireplace glass doors?
At Brick-Anew, we stand behind our products. If you have any questions, you can call us at 800-897-7175 and speak to a fireplace door specialist who can help you with any problems you may encounter.